Amdanga Jugal Kishore Mahavidyalaya which started its journey in 2007 is proud of its journey. Its library has added a pride and glory to its stature. It is the epicenter of the learning process in the college and continuously evolving to betterment. Presently stocked with more than 4000 books including reference books and a good number of journals/magazines, the college always try to hold up its teaching learning process as well as research culture among faculties, students and staff members.
Our library is a member of N-LIST (a project funded by the MHRD through INFLIBNET) which provides electronic access to more than 6,000 journals and 1, 99,500 e-books.
Area and Arrangements
- Library is located at the ground floor of Bankim Bhavan in Room no.103 (approximate 1000 sq.ft.). The Library Room is divided into two broad segments- (1) Stack Area and (2) Reading Section.
- Stack Area—The Stack Area is divided into Subject-wise segments. User-access is restricted in the general stacks.
- Reading Section—The Reading Section with seating capacity of 25 students has the facility of reading and access to journals as well as reference books. This section inspires the students to be library centric with the scope of internet surfing through Wi-fi connectivity and a separate Career Counseling Corner with books and journals related to employment.
Rules and Regulations: For Student Members:
- Strict silence must be maintained in the Reading Room.
- On entering the Central Library Reading Room, readers must keep their belongings at the baggage counter and must be taken back when the depositor leaves the library. The library will not be liable for any loss/damage caused to the belongings kept in the prescribed counter.
- Readers have to keep their mobile-phones in silent mode before they enter the Central Library.
- No admission is permitted in Study Room without proper Student Identity Card.
- On entering the Library, readers have to sign in the Attendance Register.
- Honours students can borrow maximum two books at a time depending on the availability of the same in the library for 14 days, which can be further renewed for a maximum period of another 14 days.
- Students of General Course can borrow one book from library for 14 days for take away. It can be renewed for a maximum period of another 14 days.
- The students have to return the book from the College Library before filling up their forms for University Examination.
- Former students of the College can use only the Reading Room facilities.
- All teaching staff including Librarian is allowed to lend maximum 10 books from the library. However, in case of holding of books for more than 30 days, renewal is obligatory.
- The administrative and library staff members, are allowed to borrow not more than 5 books at a time for 1 month.
- Overdue charge for the students is Rs.1.00 per day per book.
- No Journals/Magazines are issued for home use either to students or any staff.
- Books/any materials issued in the study room will have to be returned before leaving the Study Room.
- Books will be issued/can be returned within 4 PM. Lending services are open from Monday to Saturday.
- Reference books can be used within the library reading room only.
- Use of Internet is allowed for educational/academic purpose with the permission of the Librarian. Members are not allowed to use any social networking sites, playing games, etc.
- In case of any emergency need special permission is to be taken from the Principal/TIC/Library Convenor.
- Sleeping, eating and having refreshments inside the Library are strictly prohibited.
- In case of any grievances students can put complaint in the box kept outside the library which will be addressed by the Library Committee.
The library rules framed above are subject to change from time to time as when Library Committee deems it necessary to reframe the same.
Loss of Library Books:
- In case of loss of Library book, the latest edition of the lost book is to be replaced to the library.
- Decision on out of print books will be taken by the Library Sub-Committee.
- Borrowed books are to be returned before appearing any Semester Examinations. No Marksheet will be issued unless library clearance is issued by the library staff.
Services and facilities at the Library:
- In library all sections are given Open Access facility for teachers and Restricted Access for students.
- The newly added resources to library like books, journals, magazines, etc. are displayed for the convenience of students and faculty members so that they could be aware of the updated library collection. Newly added resources are set aside for display at least for 3 months.
- Library provides access to e-journals and e-books through N-LIST.
- Reading room facility is available for students as well as for faculties.
- Computer facility is available for students as well as for staffs.
- The library catalogue of books and other library materials can be accessed through intranet and internet (OPAC).
|Mr. TAPAS KUMAR KUNDU, BSc, MLis.||Library-in-Charge|
|Ms. Debjani Biswas||Convenor, Library Subcommittee & Assistant Professor, Department of History|
|Mr. Santu Chakraborty||Library Peon cum Attendant|